IEA DHC has selected the following international research projects for Annex XIV.
- InteGradeDH – Large-scale integration of low-grade sources into district heating networks through geothermal seasonal storage and heat pumps
- FAST DHC (Feasibility Assessment Tool for District Heating and Cooling)
- Financial frameworks’ impact on district heating
- RE-PEAK – How to cover peak heat loads in DH networks with renewables?
- Flexibility and DH value chain (FlexVal) – advanced analysis & compatible pricing
- HY2HEAT – Using electrolysis waste heat in district heating networks
- Can a sustainable district heating business model be decisive for future competitiveness?
The projects are planned to be finished no later than the end of 2026.
Please contact the IEA DHC programme manager if you have questions. Thank you.