Status Assessment, Ageing, Lifetime Prediction and Asset Management of District Heating Pipes
The overall objectives of TS 6
The annex task shared 6 “Status assessment, ageing, lifetime prediction and asset management of District Heating (DH) Pipes” (TS 6) intends to initiate a collaborative work within the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) Implementing Agreement on District Heating and Cooling (DHC) aiming at an initiative to identify holistic and innovative approaches to ageing and lifetime prediction of DH pipes.
You can find all current downloads on the respective subpage.
The overall objectives of the subtasks:
- Subtask A: Reliable methods for status assessment as a key element of lifetime prediction of DH Pipes.
- Subtask B: Ageing and crucial ageing mechanism specially for each material in pipe construction and generally for status assessment and life-time prediction of DH-pipe.
- Subtask C: Prediction of service life of a district heating system is a challenge due to a wide range of degradation mechanisms in polymer-based materials, metals and concrete, including thermal, chemical and mechanical degradation and also combined effects. The overall goal of ST C is to elaborate appropriate mathematical models that can allow extrapolation of short-time data to predict long-term performance of DHPs.
- Subtask D: Establish an Asset Management (AM) framework for the other 4 sub-tasks in this annex. Thus, enabling effective and sustainable AM decisions in short- and long-term.
- Subtask E: Transformation, development, optimisation, predictive maintenance, life-time prediction, ageing, influence of pipe materials on performance
The Participating Countries
- Contributions to the TS 6 from Austria, Germany, Italy, South Korea and Sweden
Please contact the TS6 Task Manager if you want to join the Task-shared Annex or have any other questions concerning Annex TS6. Thank you.
AGFW I Der Energieeffizienzverband für Wärme, Kälte und KWK e.V.
mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: +49 69 6304-345
Next Annex Events
TS 6 Meeting (17th-18th October 2023, hybrid meeting, in Gothenburg, Sweden)
Dissemination activitiy - online workshops in November and December 2023:
"Why is the remaining service life of district heating pipes important to achieve our climate goals?"
TS 6 Interim Meeting (31st January 2024, online, 9-11 o´clock, CET)
TS 6 Meeting (27th -29th May 2024, hybrid meeting, in Germany)