The IEA's "Programme of Research, Development and Demonstration on District Heating" was established at the end of 1983. The technical areas covered by Annex V, the fifth three-year phase are listed below.
Projects of Annex V
- Optimisation of District Heating Operating Temperatures and an Appraisal of the Benefits of Low Temperature District Heating
- Combined heating and cooling; balancing the production and demand in CHP
- Cost effective District Heating networks
- Fatigue analysis of District Heating systems
- DH&C in future buildings
- Handbook on Plastic Pipe Systems for District Heating