Annex TS4: Digitalisation of District Heating and CoolingOptimised Operation and Maintenance of District Heating and Cooling systems via Digital Process Management
- Annex Concept
- Annex presentation
- Material from the Industry workshop Sep, 09, 2020
- Material from the Industry workshop Nov. 03, 2021
- Material from the Digitalisation Testbeds workshop Apr. 27, 2022
- Videos from the workshops on youtube
Annex TS4 is a project aiming at promoting the opportunities of the integration of digital processes into DHC schemes and to clarify the role of digitalisation for different parts within the operation and maintenance of the district heating and cooling system. Furthermore, the implementation of these technologies is going to be demonstrated. Digital technologies are believed to make the whole energy system smarter, more efficient, and reliable and to boost the efficiency and the integration of more renewables into the system. In the future, digital applications might enable district energy systems to fully optimise their plant and network operation while empowering the end consumer. On the other hand challenges need to be tackled, such as data security and privacy as well as questions about data ownership.
TS4 is a task-shared annex which means that there will be no individual, separate research projects started within the Annex. It also means that there is not one financing organization. Instead, the participants bring own funding. Annex TS4 provides a framework for the exchange of research results from international initiatives and national research projects and allows gathering, compiling and presenting of information concerning on the digitalisation of district heating and cooling systems.
TS4 task manager
Please contact the TS4 task manager if you want to join the task-shared Annex or have any other questions concerning Annex TS4. Thank you.
Dr. Dietrich Schmidt
Fraunhofer Institute for Energy Economics and Energy System Technology IEE
Next ANNEX EVENTS
There will be IEA DHC Annex TS4 special sessions at the following conferences:
- DHC2023 on Sep 03-06, 2023 in Beijing/China https://www.dhc2023.com.cn/
- Smart Energy Systems on Sep 12-13, 2023 in Copenhagen/Denmark https://smartenergysystems.eu/
- Energy Informatics.Academy Conference 2023 on Dec 06-08, 2023 in São Paulo / Brazil https://www.energyinformatics.academy/eia-2023-conference
The final IEA DHC Annex TS4 conference will take place on Nov 20-21, 2023 in Berlin/Germany. More information will follow soon.